Webinar: Using data in cities for the green transition
29 Jan 21, 10:00 - 11:30
The European Green Deal and the recovery efforts following the COVID-19 pandemic have added impetus to the work already started in cities around the world that are pushing for more sustainable urban areas. One approach to delivering on sustainability goals that cities are beginning to utilise is urban data platforms that allow cities to understand and adapt their urban systems relating to energy, mobility, environmental efforts and more.
ICLEI Europe is hosting this webinar alongside Erasmus University Rotterdam. Throughout the 1.5 hours on January 29, 10-11:30 CET, the key lessons from a detailed study on urban data platforms across Europe will be presented and four best-cases from the cities of Rotterdam, London, Umeå and Hamburg will be presented.
Find the study here.
- Welcome, Alis-Daniela Torres (ICLEI Europe)
- Governance, Business Models and the road to maturity for Urban Data Platforms, Dr Marcel van Oosterhout (Erasmus University)
- Citizen-focused data, Maria Söderlind (City of Umeå)
- Approaches to creating trust for the Digital City, Roland van der Heijden (Municipality of Rotterdam)
- How to use platform data to create innovation?, Jens Bley (Hafen City University)
- Panel debate with audience questions